Our special puppies are cared for by volunteers in their homes for 14 – 18 months, giving them the best start on their journey to be life changing dogs.
How we socialise our life-changing puppies
We urgently need volunteer socialisers to care for our pups. Please check your postcode below to register your interest today.
If you live in the Chepstow area, we may be looking for volunteers in your area in the near future, so please register your interest here.
Register your interest today
Puppy Socialiser criteria
Although no experience is necessary, puppy socialisers are required to meet the following criteria:
- You have a fully-fenced safe and secure garden
- You are away from the puppy for no more than two hours (in the first few weeks) and four hours (for the remaining time you have the puppy) per day
- Have no more than two existing pet dogs
- That you drive or have access to someone at all times who can drive you and the puppy
- With the support of our puppy department train the puppy in the basics, i.e. house training, general obedience and walking on the lead
- Able to spend some time every day on activities to socialise the puppy. Environments that need to be covered at some time include train stations, buses, shops and crowded and rural areas
- To be able to attend monthly puppy classes and allow home visits from a member of our puppy training team
- You are able to provide the puppy with regular contact with children, other dogs and cats.