What our Registered Speakers do
We are looking for volunteers to give talks about Dogs for Good to various groups including:
- Community groups such as Scouts, Young Farmers, Rotary, Masons and Women’s Institute
Training is very informal and covers:
- Charity background
- How we train and care for our dogs
- What to include in a talk
- How to organise your own talks
- Admin – paperwork, donations and merchandise
- Hand-outs will be provided to all attendees
There will be no pressure from us over how many talks you give, and you can always say no! The only thing we do ask is that once you have committed to give a talk you don’t cancel unless it is an emergency.
Registered Speaker Nikki with assistance dog Pippin
“My life has turned upside down from when I first got Pippin – both from a disability perspective and for personal reasons, but Pippin is my constant rock. Thanks to him I’ve pursued a career and can be alone without worrying about falling.
“I volunteer for Dogs for Good to tell others how an assistance dog helps, and as my way of repaying the charity for what they’ve done for me.”
If you would like to attend a Speaker Training session, or hear more about the Registered Speaker role then please contact the Community Fundraising team on 01295 252 600 or at [email protected].