If you like to bake on your own, with your children, or share home-baked cakes with others, have a pupcake sale for Dogtober.
We’ve created an extra special recipe, just for Dogtober, but you can just as easily use your own tried-and-tested cupcake method. Be sure to add a dog face or our logo to the top.
Watch how to make dog decorations that will get the donations rolling in!
- 110g/4oz butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
- 110g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g/4oz self-raising flour
- 1-2 tbsp milk
For the buttercream icing
- 160g/6oz butter, softened
- 500g/1lb icing sugar
- 50ml/2 fl oz milk
- a few drops food colouring (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale. Beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little milk until the mixture is of a dropping consistency. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until they are half full.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- For the buttercream icing, beat the butter and icing sugar together in a large bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs and then beat in the milk until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the food colouring if desired and mix until well combined.