Urgently needed in the Bristol area
The role of a Temporary Boarder (Puppy Scheme) is to support the Charity by providing temporary accommodation for a puppy within the home environment whilst the puppy socialiser is on holiday or unable to look after the puppy for a period of time. The puppy will be between the ages of 8 weeks and 14 months of age.
You may be required to collect the puppy from either the centre or where the puppy is currently staying. Once in your home unless otherwise stipulated, you would:
- Provide the puppy with the chance to relax
- Keep up the feeding and exercise requirements for that particular dog
- Continue with the commands/obedience commands the puppy has learnt.
To enable you to carry out this role all equipment will be supplied by the Charity.
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment for the puppy
- Maintaining ongoing basic obedience with the puppy with help and support from the Puppy Co-ordinators
- Adhere to the advice and carry out any instructions given by the Puppy
Co-ordinators, keeping them updated regularly on the progress of the dog
- Allow a Puppy Co-ordinator to visit you in your home to carry out regular assessments and support visits
- Exercising, feeding and providing medication if required for the dog as instructed by the Puppy Co-ordinator
- To ensure, if and when appropriate, that the dog receives emergency veterinary care as soon as possible and that Dogs for Good is informed at the earliest opportunity.
Register your interest
To see if you meet the criteria to be a Temporary Boarder (puppy scheme), please complete our online puppy socialiser form.