Although no experience is necessary, puppy socialisers are required to meet the following criteria:
- Live in or near one of our three centres in Banbury, Bristol or Culcheth.
- You have a fully-fenced safe and secure garden
- You are away from the puppy for no more than two hours (in the first few weeks) and four hours (for the remaining time you have the puppy) per day
- Have no more than two existing pet dogs
- That you drive or have access to someone at all times who can drive you and the puppy
- With the support of our puppy department train the puppy in the basics, i.e. house training, general obedience and walking on the lead
- Able to spend some time every day on activities to socialise the puppy. Environments that need to be covered at some time include train stations, buses, shops and crowded and rural areas
- To be able to attend monthly puppy classes and allow home visits from a member of our puppy training team
- You are able to provide the puppy with regular contact with children, other dogs and cats.
We have to limit our areas to ensure our Puppy Co-ordinators are able to effectively support our socialisers and their puppies.