Whether you have an existing will, or are writing a new one, it’s simple to leave a gift to Dogs for Good. This step-by-step guide takes you through the main things to consider when writing your will.
- Think about the friends, family and charities you want to remember in your will. Naturally, people want to look after family and loved ones first, but many people find after they have been taken care of, they are able to leave something to a cause they hold dear.
- Choose an executor. Most people have two, and these people are responsible for carrying out the wishes contained in your will. These will be people you can trust, such as family, friends or legal advisors.
- Decide what type of gift you would like to leave. Some people leave a specific sum of money, or item, others a share of their estate. Find out more about the different types of legacy gifts.
- Add Dogs for Good to your will. We suggest using the following wording: I leave xxx to Dogs for Good of the Frances Hay Centre, Blacklocks Hill, Banbury, OX17 2BS, registered charity number 1092960 in England and Wales.
- Get in touch. Leaving a gift to Dogs for Good in your will is one of the most valuable and lasting ways you can support us. Please let us know if you have supported us in this way – we’d love to be able to thank you properly. Get in touch.