Captain Sir Tom Moore united the Nation and gave hope when it was needed most. He believed in the fundamental kindness of humans and on 6 April 2020 started fundraising for charity by walking 100 laps of his garden to celebrate his 100th birthday.
One year later his legacy lives on with the Captain Tom 100 Challenge. The challenge will take place between Friday 30 April until Monday 3 May, to celebrate what would have been his 101st birthday.
Dogs for Good is involved and we’d love you to join people across the country to take on the challenge and raise funds for us so we can train more of our life changing dogs.
The challenge can be anything that is done 100 times (Captain Tom’s proudest number) and the options are limitless!
Need some Inspiration for your challenge?
Here are a few suggestions:
- Throw and catch a ball 100 times
- Take your dog for a walk for 100 minutes
- No alcohol/chocolate for 100 days
- Walk up and down the stairs 100 times
- Walk backwards for 100 steps
- Swim 100 lengths of a swimming pool
- Bake 100 cakes
- Do 100 minutes of yoga
- Set up your Captain Tom 100 fundraising page on Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving.
- Share your page on your social media using #CaptainTom100
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you
- Complete your Captain Tom 100 challenge
If you would like to know more about the challenge please get in touch with our team
Download or order your fundraising pack here.
Support from us:
- A dedicated regional fundraiser to support you with ideas and advice to help you with your fundraising,
- Collecting tin or bucket
- Information leaflets
- A Dogs for Good T-shirt or running vest to wear on your activity – please let us know your size.
Please note that due to Covid restrictions it is taking longer to send support items out but we will get everything to you as quickly as we can.
|Minimum sponsorship||None, raise as much as you can|