With the potential impact of the spread of coronavirus (COVID19) increasing it is recognised that there are no guarantees that Dogs for Good will be able to visit you or look after your dog or puppy should you be in a situation of self-isolation. As you will appreciate this is a pandemic virus and the facilities at Dogs for Good will be under an increased and unprecedented strain. To this end we may not be able to support you in our normal way or provide our existing services, including our normal home visits. Support is available, but it will be done through the most appropriate medium, for example, two way conversation i.e. telephone, video call etc.
If you are reducing social contact by a process of isolation due to your age or in self-isolation because you are exhibiting symptoms, having your dog with you may well be beneficial to your wellbeing. Research suggest that having your dog with you at times when you are under stress or unwell could provide you with additional benefits in relation to your health and wellbeing. For this reason, and for the reasons explained in relation to the potential impact of reduced ability to provide services, Dogs for Good would encourage you where possible to keep your dog with you.
So you are prepared for a situation that may occurs where you cannot leave your home, for any reason in relation to the corona virus outbreak we would ask that you start to think about the following areas –
- What do you have in place if you are taken into hospital?
- Do you and your family have Dogs for Good Emergency Number to keep us informed? 07766255948
- Have you considered the dog’s welfare and wellbeing need? Food, water, relief area, exercise, toys and activities in the home etc
For those of you living alone:
- What do you have in place if you are taken into hospital? i.e. do you have a poster on the fridge or on the back of your front door with contact information of your support network or Dogs for Good phone number. Click here to download a link to a poster for our boarder volunteers.
- ICE phone number in place on your mobile or landline phone.
- Contact your support network to ensure they are still able to help if needed? Do they have contact details for Dogs for Good? 07766 255948
- Have you considered the dogs’ welfare and wellbeing need? Food, water, relief area, exercise, toys and activities in the home etc