INSTRUCTOR (NORTH WEST OFFICE)
Full time 35 Hours per week
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Salary up to £21,750 per annum (depending on experience)
Based in Culcheth, Warrington, WA3 4JE
The Instructor is the key role tasked with building the relationship between a client and their dog in order to help realise the client’s independence and life aspirations without compromising the needs of the dog. It is a fantastic opportunity to work with people from different backgrounds who have a variety of needs, personalities and personal experiences, and to help them unlock their potential through their partnership with one of our Assistance Dogs. It is also an opportunity for applicants to fulfil their dream of training, working with and maintaining the wellbeing of a wide range of dogs specifically trained to become life-changing Assistance Dogs.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assessing clients in their homes to understand their physical needs and suitability for an Assistance Dog
- Participate in the matching process of client to dog
- Deliver a specialist service to existing and new partnerships, providing teaching and coaching to help our clients realise their full potential with a dog
- Participate in continued training and evaluation of dogs throughout their life by providing ongoing support and guidance to our clients
Full training, equipment and uniform will be provided. The successful candidate will be required to complete an initial training period of up to three months at our training centre in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
The role will involve regular travel to clients within England and Wales and will require the successful applicant to occasionally work outside of core hours in order to meet the needs of our clients and their dogs.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate credible experience and / or qualifications working with physically disabled adults and children
- Have proven experience in understanding and resolving dog behaviour
- Be well organised and disciplined in their approach to achieving goals
- Be able to work with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the skills to develop relationships with colleagues, clients and supporters of the charity
Ideally, candidates will already be working in a similar role for an AD(UK) or ADI member organisation, although this is not an essential requirement for the role.
Click here to download a copy of the Instructor job description
For further information regarding the vacancy, email Duncan Edwards, Client Services Manager on [email protected]
If you are interested in applying for this role, please download an Application Form and an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. Please return both completed forms to Sarah Knight, Office Manager, Dogs for Good, The Frances Hay Centre, Blacklocks Hill, Banbury, Oxon, OX17 2BS or via e-mail [email protected]
Applications for the vacancy will close at noon on Wednesday 1 May 2019.
First Interviews for this role will be held on Friday 24 May 2019 at our North West Office in Culcheth.
Second Interviews will be held on Monday 3 June 2019 at our Head Office in Banbury.